Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Epic Pub Crawl Remembered

Almost a year ago, we had an end of soccer party on a Saturday which turned into an epic pub crawl (my first ever). It was myself, JR, Jay, and Josh Jetson (seriously). We started drinking at Venice Beach Wines, then made our way to the beach where we got lunch. I remember seeing the smoke from the Station fire that was raging in the hills behind Pasadena while we were walking along the shore. From there we made our way back to Abbot-Kinney where we stopped at the Otheroom and hung out drinking various beers for about 5 hours. People we knew stopped by and eventually Enos showed up and we had a great time just chatting about random stuff. We were there so long that Jay took off and got some sandwiches for us all for dinner. From there we wandered over to Roosterfish, a gay bar with cheap drinks and got drunk on wiskey... we were basically there alone since it was still early in the evening (9pm). After that we continued on to The Brig where we continued drinking various stuff (PBR!.. for sheer trendiness) until around midnight when we decided to head for home. But first we stopped at one of the taco trucks that had showed up and grabbed some tacos. On the way home was basically when I realized that I was really drunk. I was walking along fuzzy headed and couldn't stop hiccuping. We got to Jay's place and continued drinking and chatting.

A pub crawl, starting at 11am and ending at 3am in Venice beach. It was the most fun I think I've ever had and all we did was talk, eat and drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment