Friday, May 15, 2009

It's cruel not to kill pumpkin..

Fallout 3 is a truly great game. Right there on the level of Fallout/Fallout 2.

Anyway, wondering around the wastes, I stumbled upon a giant mole rat named 'pumpkin' cage up in a dead guy's laboratory (well after I met him, a dead guy's laboratory). In this laboratory, the guy works on trying to make mole rat meat better tasting and better for you. I read in quite a few places that people couldn't bring themselves to kill pumpkin and harvest the meat to create the wonder mole meat. While the whole "can't kill a virtual animal thing" is curious (and well.. old), the fact that people DON'T kill pumpkin is vastly more cruel than actually killing pumpkin. Pumpkin, at least in terms of the game, is left to starve to death in a confined cage where it cant turn around.

I'm willing to wager that this is how most people are in real life as well. They're unwilling to put down the dog trapped in the cage starving to death with a wire cinched so tight around it's waist that it's cut into it's abdomen.

Course, this is just my paper tiger, my model that I hold up to people in comparison so that if they do match up with the model I described, I can mock them relentlessly and feel vastly superior to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment